I was sick, but now I’m back and I’M BETTER.
Ready to do my first DIY with you guys!
Super excited to talk about the Disney Savings Jar and what we can do with it!
What is it? Disney Savings Jar is when you take a really plain jar or container and decorate it to be Disney-fied, where you can store your extra change for your next Disney Trip
Why does it rock? Not only are they fun to make and really pretty to look at, but they get the entire family involved! It’s sitting there and it’s constantly reminding you that it’s time to save for Disney. As a family, we need to do everything we can to make this trip possible and great.
- Decorative Supplies
- Decorative Tape
- Table Cloth (Plastic)
I was able to get everything I needed to complete this jar for $7. I had none of the supplies, except scissors.
- Gather your supplies where you plan to start and complete your project.
- Cut two pieces of tablecloth that are the same size and will fit around the jar.
- Place the jar on the tablecloth and tape one end of the two tablecloths to the jar.
- Measure 3-4 places to line with glue.
- Roll the tablecloth tightly around the jar, making sure the glue sticks to the right places.
- Glue the end to finish.
- Cut the excess off the top right where the top will finish screwing.
- Tighten the tablecloth around the top edge and use clear tape as needed.
- Line with decorative tape of your choice.
- Cut excess off of the bottom.
- Close up like a Christmas gift and use glue to secure in place.
- Line the bottom edge with decorative tape.
- Add some letters stating “Disney Fund”, “Disney Savings Jar” or anything you else you prefer.
- Add some fun stuff like stickers to make it just right.
Check out the video I made below and let me know if you try this out!
Shop This Post