A trip to Disneyland would not be complete without a stroller. Disney is notorious for its long lines, and nothing could dampen a good time more than toting around a cranky toddler impatiently waiting to meet Mickey. But the Disneyland stroller rentals process can be intense without a guide like this.
Luckily, you have many options to choose from when it comes to toting your little ones around the most magical place on earth.
Whether you choose to rent a stroller at Disneyland, off site or bring your own stroller, you will not be disappointed that you planned ahead of time.
Disney gives you many options to choose from so you and your little one can have a great time at the most magical place on earth. Before talking about your options, let’s review Disney’s new rules concerning stroller rentals:
As of May 1, 2019, wagons are NO LONGER ALLOWED in Disneyland. This includes stroller wagons. While this may seem unfair, it’s really to make your time at Disneyland more enjoyable. Wagons, even stroller wagons, are simply too big. Banning these from the theme park lessens congestion and gives guests more room to move.
Strollers larger than 31 inches wide by 52 inches long are not allowed.
Table of Contents
Renting a Stroller in Disneyland
Disney offers two types of strollers: Single strollers and double strollers. Size and cost of each vary slightly, so choose the one that best fits your needs.
Disneyland Single Stroller Rental
Cost: $15/per day
Disneyland Double Stroller Rental
Cost: $35/per day
Stroller Rental Location
Stroller rentals are conveniently located outside the Disneyland Park Entrance adjacent to the Kennel.
Disneyland stroller rentals are comfortable and fairly cheap. If you decide to rent from the theme park, follow these tips to avoid problems:
Do not leave your stroller unattended. Although Disneyland does provide security, you don’t want to take the chance of someone grabbing your personal items off your stroller.
Instead of carrying all your items, use your stroller as storage! You are allowed to pack your stroller with bags, clothing and food.
When needed, you may have to park your stroller. Simply follow the signs and park your stroller in the designated stroller parking areas.
Because all of Disneyland’s stroller look the same, think of a way to make yours unique. Tying a balloon or adding a removable sticker to the top will help you spot your stroller easier.
When Disneyland is super busy, it may be hard to maneuver your stroller. Consider parking it and walking when the park is extremely congested.
You cannot leave your stroller anywhere you want. Disney has designated stroller parking throughout the park. If you choose to leave your stroller anywhere, you may have a hard time finding it as it could get stolen or moved by a theme park employee.
KEEP IT MIND: Strollers have to be returned before leaving Disneyland. If you have a long walk to your car or hotel room, you may have a lot of carrying to do. Having to carry a sleepy child and all the souvenirs you purchased at the park may be too much to handle. Plan ahead as you may end up leaving the park with more than you had when you entered.
Renting a Stroller from an Outside Vendor
If you don’t want to rent a stroller from Disneyland, there are many outside vendors that rent strollers as well. One of our favorites is City Stroller Rentals. They offer numerous strollers to meet all your stroller needs.
CITY STROLLER RENTALS
City Stroller Rentals offer baby equipment, stroller rentals, and stroller repairs. They offer single and double strollers that are Disneyland Resort compliant, sit and stand strollers and special needs strollers. Most of their strollers offer these benefits:
– basket underneath to hold up to 10lbs extra
– Sturdy design to accommodate a high weight capacity
– Easy to fold and transport on the ART Shuttles
– A large sum canopy to protect against the sun
– Almost full reclining seat for children to sleep or nap in
– Complementary parent console for water bottle and tidbits
– Easy stroller maneuverability
– Intensive thorough cleaning, lubricant and inspection process
With so many to choose from, it may be difficult to decide which stroller to rent. Start by referring to the maximum weight allowed per stroller, as this is one of the most important aspects to consider when using a stroller.
Single strollers come in three styles:
Weight Capacity: 45lbs occupant max weight
Weight Capacity: 40.7lb
Weight Capacity: 55lbs per seat, 10lbs for basket
Weight Capacity: 55lbs per seat
Double strollers come in three styles:
Weight Capacity: 45lbs per seat, 10lbs for basket
Weight Capacity: 45lbs per seat
Weight Capacity: 45lbs per seat, 10lbs for basket
Weight Capacity: 20lbs
SIT AND STAND STROLLERS
Sit and stand strollers come in one style:
Weight Capacity: Main seat: 45lbs, Bench seat: 55lbs.
BABY JOGGER CITY SELECT LUX WITH BENCH/PLATFORM
Weight Capacity: Main seat: 35lbs, Bench seat: 55lbs.
Special needs strollers come in one style:
Weight Capacity: 60lbs.
City Stroller Rentals offer car seats, Keurig machines, water and rental gowns as well.
City Stroller Rentals delivers to most Disneyland Resort attraction area hotels and resorts for FREE. Check out their rental policy before renting!
Bringing Your Own Stroller to Disneyland
Of course, you can always bring your own stroller to Disneyland. Keep in mind that the size restrictions still apply. You stroller can not be larger than 31 inches wide by 52 inches long.
While some people think traveling with a stroller is a hassle, others couldn’t live without them.
Using your own stroller has its advantages.
YOU WILL KNOW HOW TO USE IT
You will already know how to open and close the stroller you bring from home. If you have ever struggled with a stroller that simply wouldn’t cooperate, you know what I am talking about.
Renting a stroller, whether on-site or off-site can become a hassle if you don’t know how it operates. Save yourself the time and aggravation by bringing a stroller you are used to.
YOUR CHILD WILL BE COMFORTABLE
Using your own stroller will be more comfortable for your child as well. Since they have already ridden in it, they will be less likely to complain about being uncomfortable.
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP TRACK OF IT
Although your stroller may look similar to other strollers, they will not look identical to the strollers you can rent from the park or even an off site vendor. This will make it easier to spot when parked between hundreds of identical strollers.
IT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY
Disneyland is not cheap. If you are like me, you try to save money wherever you can. Bringing a stroller from home will save you not only the hassle of not knowing how to use it, finding it or getting complaints about its lack of comfortable. Using your own stroller will also save you money in Disneyland!
If you don’t want to rent a stroller at Disneyland or an off-site vendor but you don’t want to bring yours from home, you can always purchase a stroller once you get around Disneyland.
Keep in mind that unless your leave your new stroller stranded or sell it, you will have to travel home with it. Walmart near Disneyland may be a good place to buy a nice, inexpensive stroller. You may be able to resell it or donate before you leave.
WHICH OPTION IS BEST FOR ME?
With so many options to choose from, how do you decide which is best for you? Here are the pros and cons of each to help make your decision easier:
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF RENTING A STROLLER FROM DISNEYLAND?
– If you didn’t think you needed one but change your mind, it’s easy to rent one from the theme park.
– If you keep your receipt, can return the stroller in one location, and get another one at a different location.
– Park strollers are sturdy and hold a lot of items.
– Your child might think they are uncomfortable
– They all look the same so you may confuse your stroller with someone else’s.
– These strollers are not allowed outside the theme park. This means your child will have to walk to the car or resort.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF RENTING A STROLLER FROM OFF-SITE?
– Off-site strollers are typically less expensive than renting from the park
– These strollers are usually more comfortable and more like the stroller your child is used to using.
– These strollers can hold lots of stuff!
– Off site strollers are easier to identify than Disneyland strollers.
– You will have to take this stroller with you instead of returning it and grabbing a new one at a different location in the park.
– Those comfortable seats can get uncomfortable in the rain. You may have to cover them during a downpour.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF BRINGING YOUR STROLLER FROM HOME?
– You already own it so, it’s free!
– Your child will be the most comfortable in this stroller.
– You will already know how to open, close and maneuver this one!
– You will be able to pick out your stroller from those in the crowd.
– Whether you are driving or flying to Disneyland, getting your stroller there may be a challenge.
– Your personal stroller may take a beating in Disneyland. It may not last you as long as you intended it too if it gets too much wear and tear during your trip.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF BUYING ONE?
– Buying a stroller near Disneyland will be your best bet if you want a stroller in pristine condition.
– New stroller can be inexpensive.
– Getting to a store to buy a stroller may be difficult if you did not drive to Disneyland
– Unless you sell or donate your new stroller, you are going to have to make room in your car or take it on the plane with you when you go home. Theme parks are large and there is a lot of ground to cover.
IN A NUTSHELL
Having a stroller is a must when vacationing to Disneyland. You can bring the one you already own, ensuring that your little one is comfortable, and you know how to work it. Using your own stroller is the cheapest way to go. This is by far the best way to save money!
If traveling with a stroller, whether by car or plane, seems like a hassle, you can wait until you get to Disneyland and rent one on site. They may not be as comfortable as your child is used to sitting in, but it is fairly cheap, easy to use and hassle free as far as travelling goes. If you don’t want a stroller that blends in with hundreds of other strollers in Disneyland, you can find a stroller store near Disneyland and rent one from there.
Off-site stroller rentals are fairly inexpensive. If you are worried about how to use it, don’t worry. Their sales associates will be more than happy to give you a demonstration. If you don’t have a way to get to their store, some offer delivery as well!
Of course, you can also choose to go to a store and purchase a new one from there. If you don’t want to take it back home with you, you can try to sell it or donate it before you leave. You could also just leave it stranded in Disneyland, although we wouldn’t recommend it!
By planning your trip ahead of time, you can avoid certain headaches. Whether you end up renting, buying or saving money by bringing your own stroller, you will have one less thing to worry about when your little one gets tired. Strollers make vacationing in Disneyland with children easier.
At the end of the day, the best stroller for Disneyland is the one that makes you and your child happy.